Sunday, March 20, 2016

Take a Start..Make it Happen...

- Raja rata tour -

"How do I start ? "


yes you! How are you gonna start? Isn't it always the problem. You always feel like doing something new, travel the world, make a change. But what is the best step you took regarding that? well! I know you shared 100's of posts about it in Facebook and liked another 100 in Instagram. So other than that?



Have you ever wondered how many do the same? Why they have pages about it and how they make that post sound exactly like your heart says to you? now you feel bad about yourself a little? don't you? Well! That's because Millions of people dream about the same thing you dream, Thousands talk about it, Hundreds of them think of doing something . But you! you should make the difference. Be that one person who actually make it happen. So well I don't think now you have time to share those posts. Do you?

Well! Then it's time you started traveling. This is relevant to whatever the thing you wanted to do. Since all of us are here to talk about traveling, I'm gonna talk about traveling.

So every other thing in life, Travelers have their own phases too. You will never be anything overnight. It takes time and lot of sweat in this case. But not money, not at least as much as you think it will cost you.

Beyond the 100 excuses you say why you can't do that. I for one always believed that if you want something so badly in your life, you will always find a way to do it. So well this isn't about how or why you should start traveling. But it will give you little tips for a start alright while my main objective being to clarify some points between solo and group traveling.

If you are a newbie and you are left with the excuse of money problem. well! Your way could be group traveling. It might as well as for the excuse of "parents don't allow you". But well! it's up to you. After all it's what you truly desire in life.


- Alagalla -

Anyway let me tell you why it could help you. Group traveling makes it easy for everyone financial-wise. But you might wanna find the optimum number of people which would help you with the budget. You also need to have a little bit of management and organizing skills since it could lead to lot of complaints if you don't.

But after all it's fun to travel in groups since you get to know lot of people and lot of stories. When I tell you about this people, the longer the trip, harder the hike, you will be more closer. And the stories well!! Because of these stories, I've actually been to some places I've never heard of, neither I wanted to. Those stories actually helps you have more passion for travel, courage, bond between humans and of course the technical and theoretical stuff which you might need during your travels.

When I first started, I had problem creating a group to travel. People always tend to bail on me at the last minute, well I guess that is something we all have in mutual. isn't it? Or are you that friend who bail on them? 

At first you always try to stay within your comfort zone and go seeking your friends company. But let me tell you something about that. If you succeed at getting your friends to travel with you. Well!! It's not really traveling you know. It will be just another trip. Yes! of course, it's more fun in a certain way one can tell. Chatting all the time, no need of ice breaking since you already know the history between you guys, school time stories and what not right?

But well! compared to traveling with strangers? Trust me,It's not really that fun. Because you know why? With friends you will always be in the safe zone. You will always discuss about the past stories about you and yours, nothing more. You literally know everything about them already. Don't you wanna know something you don't already know? A place you've never been? A history you don't know of? of course while expanding your network. For an example, what if I tell you that right now out of my friend list in Facebook, one third are once strangers I met on the road while traveling? and the list goes up to 700 so you do the math.
















- Yakdessagala -














and the most wonderful thing I've achieved is, I'm never alone. Whenever I decided to go somewhere, I've at least 10 people with me.So well let me tell you how that happened. 

I actually got use of the social media for this. I created a group for travelers known as "Slippers, Backpacks and Sri Lanka". (There will be a separate article on the story behind the name) At first I added my friends, well people I met during my travels. But I made sure I added only the people I know at least dream of traveling. I did not care if they had experience in it or their background because it didn't matter to me anyway. I just want at least few people who got the heart to do this.

So well gradually it grew. Those people brought the people they knew and they brought their's. And I now have a fix set of people who I can count on always. thanks to them I'm never alone....To be continued...




No comments:

ගුරු පරිච්චේදය

ගුරුවරුන් අපගේ ජිවිතයේ ලොකු role එකක් කරනා පිරිසක් ලෙස මා තුල පෞද්ගලික මතයක් පවතී. එයට ඔබ එකඟ විය හෝ නොවිය හැකිය. නමුත් මා ජිවිතයේ පසුපස හැර...